Nook Look

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Kindergarten

Has come to an end for our little family. This years experience has been bigger and better and sweeter than any expectations we could have had. Mrs. P is sweet and endearing and taught all the kids so much in such a short period of time. We had a (probably unhealthy) bond with our youngest sons teacher. We love her. She is the bomb. FFP learned all about Dobber (those pens old ladies use at bingo) pens for counting books. He learned about finger painting and stapling books together in the right order. He learned about using appropriate language in front of 5 and 6 year olds. Just imagine if FFP could learn all that then all the things that Blondy actually learned.

They had a cute graduation ceremony (that I would post of I could figure out how to get it off my video camera) . They sang songs and wore blue graduation hats with a gold tassle. They were so stinkin' cute.

Not for Hollywood to be outdone. He had an awesome year too. He made the best friends I could hope for him (and I made friends with their parents=double bonus adult conversation). He had a great teacher, Mrs, McL. FFP and Mrs. McL go way back and I got to be friends with her son B when he worked with FFP like a million years ago. Actually B ran the call on my Aunt Di almost 9 years ago. He will always have a special place in my heart for doing everything he could even though the outcome was the worst possible. Hollywood learned lots of math up to multiplication tables, the different parts of a sentence, how to write a paragraph and a letter, about rocks and caves and other geological phenomenons. He learned about sharing and is still working hard on listening skills and keeping his lips buttoned during class. He has grown so much this year. I am so proud of him. He is reading so well and has great problem solving skills at least at school.

He played basketball this year, Karate and Baseball and although he didn't do great in all of them he did show so much improvement that goes with trying your best and achieving your goals. I hope this is a lifelong trait for him.

I'll post if I can figure out how to post them from our little camera. I always have trouble with that. LOL

No comments: