Nook Look

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Some New Years Inspiration

Every day I get a "Kick in the Butt" from Runners World to keep me inspired and on pace for this crazy half marathon mission I'm on. This is what I got today and what I need.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you
stop to look fear in the face." Eleanor Roosevelt

Speaking of Eleanor Roosevelt, my good neighbor gave me this wonderful book to read. It is technically historical fiction based mostly on accounts of others and letters from FDR and Lucy Mercer and Eleanor Roosevelt but it was very enlightening to the politics of the time and one of those love stories you just cannot put down.

Lucy By Ellen Feldman is a book for those who enjoy both non-fiction and fiction novels. You will only be disappointed that it had to end. It will leave you with a thirst to know more about all three sides of this love triangle and especially this man who did his best to fix the country in spite of his own broken body.

No comments: