Nook Look

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Soundtracks to our LIVES

I realized lately, especially since my uncle passed way last year, there there are songs that closely identify with certain periods of my life (as I am sure you all have too). My cousin's wife described my uncles life using the titles and lines from songs that he loved, songs that defined him. We all have them, mine have been finding their way from the air waves to my ears, thoughts and heart lately. I hear those songs and back comes a flood of memories that had been long buried, whether from normal old time passing by or by necessity because truthfully there are songs that make me remember some pretty bad stuff. Its funny, the song I have playing now was at one of those not so great times but also at a big point of self discovery for me. So this song is a representation of being stronger and better than I had believed before. It also stands for a big fat jerk but that's another story! LOL. I will probably be posting other songs along the way that have touched me in some way and make me remember those times in my life that tug at my heart strings.


Here are some songs that bring back memories:

1. Vogue by Madonna
2. Sara by Starship
3. any Garth Brooks song
4. Amazing Grace by anyone but especially Elvis
5. White Christmas by Bing Crosby
6. Delta Dawn by Tanya Tucker
7. Can't touch this by MC HAMMER Don't you dare laugh
8. The right stuff by NKOTB now you can laugh
9. Straight Tequila Night by Brooks and Dunn
10. She wore an Itzy bitzy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini by Brian Hyland
11. Stand by Me by Ben E. King
12. I've had the time of my life DD soundtrack (actually any song from this soundtrack will do)
13. Grease Lightning Grease soundtrack
14. I cross My Heart by George Strait
15. Everything I do I do it for YOU by Bryan Adams
16. Kokomo by The Beach Boys
17. Hurt so Good by John Cougar Mellencamp (JCM)
18. Jack and Diane JCM
19. Small Town JCM
20. Dancing In the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
21. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
22. I want to hold your hand by the Beatles
23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da The Beatles
24. Romeo by Dolly Parton
25. Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC
26. Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
27. November Rain by Gun's n Roses
28. Rockstar by Nickelback (ohh those girl trips)


Wow for a country girl I sure gotta lot of rock in there don't I?

29. American Pie by Don McClean (amended)

OK so there are about 8 more songs just off the top of my head that I can't even remember their names to so I'll have to do some research and add those to my list. What songs trigger those feelings for you? You know, those ones that are like a time warp into your past. Those songs are the ones that are the soundtrack of your life.

1 comment:

Meagan Louise said...

American Pie holds a lot of memories for me too. My dad had it on vinyl and used to play it repeatedly. I still love that song.

November Rain reminds me of 111 DeNormandie Way (your house). The first time I saw that video was on that great big wood-encased tv you guys had.
Anything NKOTB or Garth Brooks reminds me of Sandy...we used to make up dance routines.
MC Hammer reminds me of Brian and Sean, do you remember their "Hammer pants"??? hahaha. I suppose that's something they would both like to forget.

Sometimes I really miss that old street...I only hope my children (if I ever have any) are lucky enough to grow up in a neighborhood like ours.