Nook Look

Wednesday, July 04, 2007



I write this blog with a heavy heart, but that heavy heart soars for those who have left us have given us drive to make this world a better place.


Rest in Peace Monica Cooper April 30th, 1965 to June 26th, 2007

I'm so sorry its been so long. I have had little ambition to right lately and so many things to right about. I leave tomorrow for my AWBC walk in SF. I walk this year with too many people in memory as well as quite a few in honor of. I can't believe that this weekend is here so fast. I can't wait to spend the weekend with my best friend. I can't wait to see Diane Stratton from Seattle Area who is so close to the Maurus family. We miss those guys so much and can't wait to see that sweet little Beatrice girl and her brother Harrison and sister Addie (mommy Tracey and Daddy Jim too). Hopefully Diane will bring a picture. This weekend will be bitter sweet too though for many reasons. This is our memorial day for those who we have lost to the battle. Pinhead, Monica Cooper. This is also the weekend my sister, BIL, niece and nephew leave for Washington. Although they are so close, they are just too far away to see all the time. I know I can make the trip in 10hours. I know I can take the train and it would be fun for the boys. I know we have so many people we know and love up there with so many places to visit but it still seems just too far away. I will miss them so much it actually hurts my heart. But they are always there when I need them and they will be in a really Awesome place to visit so I should just be OK with it.


FYI:

This is a picture of Dale and Monica Cooper. The Coopers live in Virginia with their two sons who are 11years and 14 years old. Monica found out 6 1/2 years ago that she had Breast Cancer. She lost her battle on Tuesday and we are out here praying for her family. Most of us couldn't image how hard this time must be for them but from what they have posted since her passing they are very grateful that she is in a better place, she has no pain and she is watching over those she loves with the same smile and love she had when she was healthy and when she was caring for others here in the flesh. Dale and Monica had become a big part of the Avon walk family even taking part in a great book called Why We Walk by Deb Murphy, portraying their fight to end breast cancer from day one until their last walk. It will require quite a bit of kleenex to get through I tell you but brings us to an understanding of why we walk.


Dale has committed to walking in Charlotte in his wife's honor...er, memory =( (the first year she will not be by his side in the flesh in this grand adventure he promised her to continue on) but in just a few short months must raise the $1800 minimum. He has asked for a $5 donation from all who go to his page (I went there and I cried... just so you know to again bring tissues) so he can raise his money but never ask too much of all of us. He is a dear and sweet man who just lost the love of his life, who happened to be a really wonderful person herself. So if you feel inclined please help him out. I just sent him an email that any donations from this year that filter in late I will send his way. I already know of two $25 ones out there. I hope you can find it in your heart to help him achieve this goal. This is closer to my heart than I ever believed it could be. I have found friends who I may never meet in person, people from all walks of life, all over the country who are readily waiting to help me in any way they can just because we all believe in a cause this great. I am so blessed to have found a foundation and charity where the love extends to not only those who we are fighting for but extends to each other. Thank you!


This is why I have

HOPES AND PRAYERS FOR A CANCER FREE TOMORROW...
TDM
SF Walker 04, 06, and 07
ACS walker & Survivor 05, survivor lap 06




No comments: