Nook Look

Monday, January 29, 2007

My husband discovered my "Sorta Single Mom" and asked "what the hell is that about?" HA!! He takes this wonderful job as a firefighter/paramedic two hours away and is gone Sunday through Friday night and wonders why I call myself the sorta single mom? Anyway, I am surviving and the boys are adjusting if I can just get rid of these migraines. They are really dragging me down.
I did accomplish something this weekend though. My mom bought me a sewing machine for Christmas and I did something I never saw myself doing... I made two blankets for my best friend Kelli's boys. I mean I have NEVER sewn anything in my life. They are big 60"x40" with fleece on one side and cotton "CARS: Lightning McQueen" on the other with satin ribbon binding all the way around. I figured it took almost 10 hours from opening the sewing machine box to finishing the first blanket and it only took me an hour and a half to do the second one including re-threading the machine with new blue thread. I almost took a picture but Chris was in a hurry to get out of town and I needed to send them to down with him. But I am sure that my best friend will take a picture of the boys with their new blankets and send it to me and I'll post it for all of you. I can't cut in a straight line and I can't sew in a straight line but I did OK for my first try and all the pieces are together. YAHOO for me!!!!
Oh have I told you what a wonderful friend Kelli is? She is the best friend a girl could ask for. She always believes that I can do what I set my mind to and supports me along the way. She is almost 30 and although she never saw her life the way it is now when we were younger she has become a wonderful wife (in a normal life) and a wonderful mom (what doesn't kill us makes us stronger) and I am proud and thankful that she is my best friend, kindred spirit and other soul mate. With all that is going on in her life right now my thoughts and prayers are always with her and her family. Kelli, I can't wait to walk with you in SF again this year. We have a whole new reason, whatever the outcome this week, to walk this year. Just remember what we talked about last year on Sunday morning at breakfast, "Lets make a difference today, whether Breast Cancer has touched us yet or not." I am glad I can stand and walk beside you this year, hopefully without blisters.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh no, is Kelli being affected by breast cancer?! How horrible. I hope you both have a good walk. I want to join you in 2008 - this year was going to be bad anyway, and now with the move, I'm glad I decided it wasn't a good year for it. Not sure I could make it without blisters, though!!