Nook Look

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas blessings

A time to reflect. I'm so thankful for my little family and my extended one too. We were able to get together with friends and most of the Riggins Family on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Christmas together. We played the number game and Bingo for White elephant gifts and the kiddos all got to play together. Although my kids smiles are cheesy I love them just the same. We got to spend time with the Cafferatas/Mickelsons last Saturday and the Jackson side on Christmas Eve. We saw the in-laws on Christmas after opening presents and then went to the Wally's before heading up the hill to exchange presents with my parents and sisters family. I'm just so happy they are in my arms and in my heart. Seeing them happy is the best Christmas EVER.

Hubby got: a Columbia fleece vest from his parents, Video game and sweat shirt from my parents, a long sleeve Cabellas waterproof camouflage shirt, a sweatshirt and a docking station/radio, about $50 in Starbucks gift cards and other stuff I can't remember.

Hollywood got: IPod Shuffle, Portable DVD player, CD Clock radio, scene it game, The dangerous book for boys, video games, and lots lots more.

Blondy got: IPod shuffle, projector drawer, portable DVD player, Scene it game, Book about backyard bloodsuckers, video games and lots, lots more.

I got: Cindi of course! The hubby also got me a new camera bag and GUITAR HERO and a Guitar! My MIL and BIL got me a Jim Shore Santa figure I've been dying for and a beautiful Xmas platter from *the boys*. My sis got me a cute bath set since were were doing sustainable Christmas for each other and not buying anything new for each other we had to find something around our house that we don't use but know the other would like. Mom and dad got me a guitar and guitar hero III so then I had two guitars and two games so we could BATTLE against each other. So much fun! Hubby also got me some treats from fleet feet like a Gift card, a 26.2 sticker, a runner girl mug, some mint chocolate GU and a marathoner license plate cover.

We had a great Christmas. It wasn't as expensive as other Christmas's and we were fine with that. The best present was being together and making these memories. We also booked a 3 day jaunt down to the happiest place on Earth for a little vacation in February but haven't told the kiddos yet. I think we'll just throw them in the car and drive til we get there.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

sounds like a great holiday! we should all be so lucky. we did christmas on the cheap this time too.