Nook Look

Thursday, October 02, 2008

So long, so much to say

Our computer got infected with Adware and had to be taken to the "Geek Squad" for rehabilitation. For a week I've been struggling then missing my sweet computer. Of course I tried talking the hubby into just buying a laptop but I knew this is not the time for that. I have more important BIG TICKET ITEMS in the mix first, like a new camera, a bed frame, mattresses for the boys, Hubby's elk hunting trip, Christmas... you know the usual. I'm a bit worried about this economic breakdown we're having in the US and the hubby seems rocked but not faltered by it. He did get depressed after talking to our financial planner and finding that our retirement fund has dropped by 25% in the last six months. I tried to remind him that this $ will be there for another 25 years and by GOD it had better grow. Buying a lap top now is not in the mix. ahhh... I'll just have to keep blogging on the days he's at work.

Family News. The boys have lots of fun field trips coming up. Hollywood is learning about the Maidu Indians native to this part of California. I've only printed like a million pages or so of info on them. Third grade is all about our County and its heritage. We will be going to the Gold Nugget Museum in Paradise next week for a field trip. Blondy played the main part as the OLD Johnny Appleseed in his class play last week and Grandma Margie got to join us for the performance and she loved it. I'm so glad she's getting out doing things she's always wanted to do. The hubby is preparing for his 2 week backwoods adventure with his dad, brother and buddy in Colorado. I get heart palpitations just thinking about it, both the being alone with the kids that long and worry that something might happen. I get that from my Grandma Riggins, I can't help it but I need to not dwell on it as much. UGH my stomach just turned again.

Me? well mostly all the same. I'm gearing up for photography season, colors changing, families preparing for Holiday pictures and such. I'm hoping to get some senior pix done too. I run my second official half Marathon (mary) on Sunday and I hope it doesn't rain. I need to look over my clothing since it will be cool in the morning, much cooler and perhaps wet even for the Sacramento Cowtown Half Marathon for the Leukemia Lymphoma society. I ran 16 miles last weekend... all at once! After the race I will be headed to Yuba City for my friends baby shower. Its killing me that they decided to wait to find out the sex of the baby. I can't wait for anything. I don't like surprises, er... I don't like having to wait for surprises but if they are just flung on me (ahem... the Emily factor) I love them to pieces.

It is October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Check your boobies for lumps or changes. Schedule your Mammogram if you haven't yet. I'm already signed up for San Francisco AWBC and I'll let you know when my site is up and running. That's my life at the moment!

OH I almost forgot. Good neighbor, the one who swore up and down that she's not a runner... will be RUNNING the 5K for the Almond Bowl in a few weeks. I've converted another one. YIPEE!

No comments: