Nook Look

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Surprise!


A few months ago when my wonderful FFP asked me what I wanted for my big 30 I said a party. I wanted to celebrate with those people that made me, well me. He was so cute planning the surprise and of course for those of you who know my husband, he was sweetly infuriating too. He would tease me mercilessly, then tell me not to ask about it, just to tease me again. For me surprise is pure torture and he reveled in it. But what a sweet surprise it was. He got my sista and BFF in on deal too and they had a blast sending emails back and forth CODEWORD: ELEPHANT.

I had no idea walking in to Tres Hobres that it was for me. Of course I didn't do my makeup or my hair and I was wearing jeans and an over sized sweatshirt (too bad Stacey and Clinton weren't there) but what a blessing to see my family and friends waiting for me. I wish I had more time to dote on my hubby for doing such a great job on my birthday but there were so many people to see and say thank you too and spend a bit of time with while I could. My parents and Aunt and Uncle came, BFF and Hubby, Sista and fam (including bro-in-law home from Iraq), the Ludwigs, Jenni Stevens and the kids, the Clements, Wally's, Mike and Melissa Cafferata, my Brother and new Sister-in-law, MIL and FIL, sister-in-law and nephew all there to help me celebrate this new chapter in my life. My hubby had cheese cake from Upper Crust brought in, one with cherries, one with strawberries and my favorite, CHOCOLATE! It was perfect. He did it all perfect. I cannot even begin to tell you how impressed I am. I can tell you that I am so blessed. The boys were so great too. they played nicely with their friends and gave me lots of love and kisses and told me happy birthday a dozen times, to me the best present I could ask for. I got sang too and given some wonderful presents for celebration. My hubby and the kids got me a one terabyte hard drive to put all my pix on. My mom and dad got me a new ipod nano with a sport pack so FFP can have his back (since I stole if for training for the half). Sista and Bro-in-law niece and nephew(s) got me a novel, Dutch Bros $, GC for JoAnn's and a pedi set, MIL and FIL got me a nice canvas bag, pink sweatshirt, flip flops (perfect for running around the locker room gym) and a pink sweat towel with a cute pink heart to tell it apart from anyone elses. I got lots of other cute little treasures too. What great treats I got from those I love, things that I will treasure. A great night with memories that will live on, of those I love there to share it with me. Thank you all but mostly thank you to my wonderful husband who threw me a great 30th birthday party! You are my hero, always have been, always will be and everything I do I do because I want to be the best person I can be for you and our boys. I hope to hug you and kiss you and hold onto you and tell you how wonderful you are for the rest of my life. I can't wait to repay you for this great surprise, he he he he....

No comments: