Nook Look

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Summer

I haven't really posted because this summer has been crazy and realitively uneventful at the same time. We chose to put the kids in 1 summer camp but that isn't until the end of July. We went to our favorite camping spot the begining of summer and had a delightfully mellow time. Kids fished for crawdads, we lounged in the hammock, ate smores and yummy camping food, slept outdoors and loved the freshair and cooler temps. Chico has been enjoying the valley temps of 100+ off and on for the last 3 weeks and I'll be looking forward to a weekend in the bay area walking in the AWBC. We did go to the bay area two weekends in a row the begining of summer,1 for my uncles memorial and the second the wonderful Bunco game my aunt hosted for me and her friend Carolyn. We raised an amazing $3700 in one afternoon (I mean months and months of work for my Aunt and her friends of course).

Next weekend is AWBC in SF. FFP is doing trades to be home because my dog is a pain in the butt. She escapes and runs away to find a home if we leave her ANYWHERE too long. She doesn't understand that we rescued her from the pound BUT if she runs away they will take her back there. For such a smart dog she can be really blonde LOL. Sista and the kiddos came down and we got to spend some quality time with them. Nani even spent the night with us one night. Hopefully when GIBri goes back to Iraq they will spend the holidays at Mom and Dad's and we can have more sleepovers. I can't believe she will be in Kindergarten in the Fall. Amazing!

No comments: