Nook Look

Monday, February 02, 2009

Bowl Time

My family doesn't particularly like watching Football and it isn't a priority for anyone but me in the house. Actually Hollywood said to me that the "Super Bowl is DUMB" before turning around and walking away. BUT we got invited over to our friends the McJunkin's for RIBS (and damn... I love ribs) and to watch the Superbowl. The boys hung out in the back yard with the McJunkin kids and had a blast. The big boys hung out in the back yard playing with their bows and new foam target. wahoo.... I kept an eye out the kitchen window, hung out with Carla (love that girl) and watched the game because you know what a multi-tasker I am.

.
I was rooting for the Cardinals mostly because I'm like my dad, I cheer for the underdog. There was hope there in the last quarter but the game was so good that it didn't matter. Neither of these teams are in my favorites but I was so happy for the Card's to make it there and I was hoping for the perfect day for them.

We had chips and salsa, lil' smokies in BBQ sauce and 7layer dip for out snacks and Ribs, grilled asparagus and zesty fries for dinner. the hubby and I brought out Apple pie and Kahlua cream cheese pie for dessert. Can you guess what I'm having for breakfast this morning?

There was a lot of adult humor flying around and I haven't laughed like that in a long time. I really need to spend more time with those guys and I can't wait to meet up with them at the Happiest Place on Earth next week! I'd have to say that our Superbowl was a success.

1 comment:

Lailani Ali said...

Kahlua cream pie? Are you kidding me? Mmmmmmm... I want some!