Nook Look

Monday, October 13, 2008

One of those days

Today was a better day then I thought it was going to be considering that Hollywood has been sporting a fever since Saturday and Blondy is being pretty unbearable right now. I'm not sure if he's getting sick or not but there hasn't been too many blow ups between the boys mostly because Hollywood just doesn't have the energy.

Everyone but me was in bed last night by 8pm, Hollywood and FFP fell asleep early and Blondy took a little longer but it was nice to watch my shows with a bit of peice. I decided to forgo the glass of wine I wanted because I wasn't sure I could get up with either kid if they needed me since I was so tired (physically anyway). Sure enough Hollywood was up and around about 9:30, fever spiked and croupy cough to boot. He just wanted to see his daddy. I couldn't blame him, I was a bit scared by his labored breathing too. Daddy got him calmed down, and some water. He was breathing better and FFP headed back to bed. Hollywood asked me to lay down and rub his back. At 10pm I headed to watch Brothers and Sisters and at 11pm I was off to bed. 2am he was back up. ahhhhh... being a mommy. True... I had some wierd tinge of satifaction that then he called out to me. Mostly because its always been DADDY for him.

This morning was hard. I was wiped. I knew that Hollywood had to get up and dressed even though he wasn't going to school. 5:40am he was in the shower then back to bed. I was up and around and dreading the morning but it went smoothly. At 10:15 he was at the Good Doctor for a review to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. All clear on that front. then off to ice cream, rent a new movie, grab lunch and head home for the afternoon. Not a bad day all in all.

The rest of the day went fairly well but Blondy is being a regular pill. When I called him to dinner he stood up on the couch (a big NO NO) and promply fell off hitting the side of his head on the coffee table and giving himself a headache. Ahhhh..... All I need now is for him to get sick or me to.

Hubby leaves Thursday for a 2 week vacation.... I'm sure you will be hearing a lot from me then.

No comments: